COVID Safety & Tips
While many Americans are struggling financially during the COVID-19 pandemic, a few are flourishing -- including scammers. The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) reports that Americans have lost millions in COVID-19-related scams so far. That's probably not going to slow down until the crisis is over, so in the meantime, you need to be wise to scammers' tricks.
Here are the FTC’s warnings about scammers:
- Don’t click on links from sources you don’t recognize
- Ignore emails claiming to come from the Center for Disease Control
- Avoid online offers for vaccinations or treatments
- If someone is asking for donations in cash, gift cards or wiring money, stay away!
- Beware of “investment opportunities” in any company claiming that says it can detect, prevent or cure coronavirus.
Other Sources of Information